A new body is not just for carnival its for life!
Hello my She Socaers! Over the coming weeks I (Alisa Harewood) am going to be your Virtual Fitness and Nutritional coach, here to guide you through what you need to do to become costume ready for Notting Hill Carnival (NHC).
If your goal is to just loose weight for NHC then I advise this:
- Drink lots of water, at least 1-2 liters a day
- Minimise your daily sugar and salt content
- Get an adequate amount of starchy carbohydrates but ensure that you choose high fibre and wholegrain varieties for example change from white bread and pasta to whole wheat and whole grain varieties.
- Cut out alcohol … er yes.. cut it out lol
- Eat a minimum of 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day
- Ensure that you consume less calories than you burn off
This list can go on and on. If I were to continue, I’d be setting you up for failure. Any change that you make in your life needs to be done with small steps in order for you to reach your long term goal.
I specialise in Life Transformation, your fitness and weight management journey in my mind is about changing yourself from the inside out. This will require more mental toughness than you can imagine, it will require you to dig deeper and look at areas in your life that have become habit for you and change them and you will need to overcome temptations in order to achieve successes like no other.
I don’t say any of this to scare you, I just believe in the brutality of honesty and as such one thing you can be sure of during our journey together is that I will be 110% ‘Honest’ with you. I will never promise you more than I believe that we can deliver together; I will motivate you but also challenge you to challenge yourself.
All this being said starting today the outcome of your new life, the option to transform or remain the same after NHC, the motivating force to your success lies within one person and that person my friend is YOU!
So ask yourself this week is it really time for a new you? IF so then tune in next week for the launch of the 20 day water challenge and the launch of the new She Soca carnival cocktail that you should all be drinking this season.